Hooray!! We finished Dinosaurs in the Dark! It seems like the kids really enjoyed reading this longer book and I am very impressed with how much they retained. We reviewed the whole book briefly and somewhat reenacted the book with miniature toy dinosaurs. It was nice to have something that the kids could look at while we read the last two chapters. For our "general studies" we talked a lot about each kind of dinosuar-- the name, what they like to eat, and other things. We also made a "Dinosaur Notebook" just like Jack who takes notes on the different dinosaurs.
We did the October calendar and the kids spent A LOT of time talking about Halloween and what they were going to be. Then the conversation lead to Christmas coming soon and they all talked about what they wanted for Christmas and where they were going for Christmas. I didn't plan on spending so much time on this but it was really cute because the kids were so excited and they were doing a really good job of raising their hands to have their turn so I just went with it!
We spent a little bit of time with our number "4". We counted together up to 20 and then traced the number 4 in the air. We played with our number bucket (as posted from before) and tried really hard to find the "magic number 4". I was really impressed at how well the kids recognize their numbers. The kids were ready for play by then so I just sent the "writing number 4" worksheet home with them! The kids are doing great and I am excited at how well they are doing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment