Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lesson Plan For Music Day! (Friday the 26th)

Well it is Music Day this next Friday. I thought I would clue everyone in on what I had been brainstorming. I thought the kids could all safely make shakers (empty water bottles or vitamin/medicine containers filled with rice). I would prepare the other instruments before hand. Such as sandpaper hot glued on wood blocks etc. I have a few educational children's CDs that we will learn and shake our shakers to. They have songs like the ABCs, Days of the week, Colors etc. I thought we could also pull out London's Primary CD and briefly teach them how to lead music and let each child take a turn standing in front of the other children. Let me know what you think or if you have other ideas to add! Thanks for all you do! London is thoroughly enjoying preschool!

4 comments:

Maren said...

Sounds great! Do you need us to send them with a bottle to make a shaker?

BRIANA said...

Awesome---Alyssa just loves music (I think most kids do). Your ideas sound great! Let me know if you need any recycled items that we might have laying around the house!

Dave and Shelly said...

Sounds like a great plan! Jade loves to shake it so get ready for some new moves!

Team Seguritan said...

Very cool. Israel is known for his mad singing/yelling skills in primary. It also be good for them to practice being in front of eachother because they'll be doing the primary program here soon, and Israel already doesn't want to do it.

Katie