Sunday, September 21, 2008

Arizona and the number 2 -9/18

We had a great day at preschool! We started by letting the kids all tell something fun they did this week so they can get used to talking in front of groups of peers. They all really like talking about themselves!!! Then we sang songs while everyone took turns going to the bathroom. One had to go so they all had to go. Aren't kids so funny that way. After that, I thought I'd read the chapter book while I had there attention and they loved it. I almost read more. As I was reading I would stop and ask questions and they would all raise there hands and shout out the answers. It was a great idea. Thanks Maren.
We learned about where we live, that within our country there are states and we live in Arizona. I told them facts about Arizona and things unique to the state as we glued the pieces to the map. To tie in the #2 I made a Arizona match game and we counted all the pieces first. Then we played the match game which was a great bit hit. They wanted to keep playing. We also did the #2 worksheet.
I almost forgot. We made our September calender. They loved putting the stickers in the boxes and we went over the months of the year raising our hand when we got to September. I had them draw an X in the boxes for the days that had already passed. Some of them totally got that, others weren't sure what that was about, so I'm not sure if I should do that again or not. Thanks for another great preschool day!

No comments: