I am only teaching the sound, not all the rules, no need to confuse them. When I hold up the phonogram card I don't ask what letter it is, I just hold up the letter and say, this is "A, A, Ah" while holding up fingers 1, 2, 3.
Last week:
A-
1. At
2. nAvy --- Usually at the end of a syllable
3. fAther---May say AH @ the end of a syllable
B-
1. riB--- close lips to form a line, then voice sound
This week
C-
1. Can
2. Cent---C before E, I, or Y says S, but followed by any other letter says K
D-
1. liD---Press tip of tongue against upper ridge behind teeth, then voice sound. Keep jaw still.
E-
1. End
2. mE---E usually says this at the end of a syllable.
We played sound hide and seek last week, read a LOT of books(including Rabbit's Color Book), sang Alphabet and other songs, colored with primary colors, and pretty much the coolest stuff ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment