Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lesson plan- Some things go together & number 3

This is what we did today-
  • All of us sat on the special blanket and took turns telling everyone our favorite color to practice being in front of peers again
  • We sang songs like head, shoulders, knees and toes and then I would mess up a song and have them correct me. Each of us took turns using our imagination making a song silly and we had to correct them. It was a lot of fun, but it got really silly!!!
  • When we read the book today they all remembered what had happened in the last chapter and as we read, they all got so close to me and were gripped! We read 2 chapters today because they were so interested. After we were done they asked if I could read more. They really are loving it. Thanks again Maren!
  • We talked about how some things go together. I held up a book and had them choose what things went together like a bee and a flower or a bee and an ice cream cone. They already understood every example that I gave them so I had them each take turns thinking of something that they like or use and then we would think of something that goes with the item. This is something that you can practice at home. They all loved it and were very creative in their answers.
  • The #3 worksheet
  • Lots of fun!!!

No comments: