We went into the kitchen and I put some water in a pot. As the water was heating up I asked them why it rains. This is what they said:
Alyssa- Because it's winter
Israel- So we can jump in puddles
Jade- So we can use an umbrella and use a coat
Finn- We need to have fun outside and play
I explained why it rains and then demonstrated it by holding a pan full of ice over the pot of water on the stove (about 5 inches above) As the steam goes up to the pan it forms condensation on the pan and then it starts to drip. They were fascinated by this!!!
We made the sound of a rain storm
- sit on the floor and started by rubbing your hands together like it was starting to drizzle.
- Then snapping like the rain falling down.
- Pounding our hands on our laps like it was getting harder.
- Stomping our feet on the floor at the same time as pounding our hands in our laps
- I also clapped while the kids were doing this to make lightning
- Then stop doing this in reverse until you get back to the end of the storm with just a small drizzle again.
3 comments:
I am so sorry about preschool today! I had a friend come in town unexpectedly and I forgot to call and let you know! It sounds like you guys had a blast!
Alyssa was so excited to tell me that it rained in your house! Sounds like fun!
Hi Shelly it is Amy Fillpot. I just saw your blog from Shanalee's and wondered if you would send me an invite? It was so fun to see you this summer- afillpot@gmail.com
Thanks!
Post a Comment